opengroupware for FE

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 11 09:15:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 02:02:55AM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> Note: gnustep-make != gnustep-make. You need to consider the
> configuration of gnustep-make. If its configured for the gnu-fd-nil
> library combo (as currently required by OGo), it won't work with
> GNUstep and the other way around.

I though the parameter was the _default_ combo and could be overridden
later on. Or does one need the "fat binaries"?

While the current objective is ogo, it would be nice to already have
the foundations for allowing further gnustep bits to work. Preferably
w/o having a package for each library combo.

> Wrt the issue report, I'm trying hard to push FHS into GNUstep for a
> few years now. And while people do not seem to object anymore (no
> religious discussions like before), the people who need to do the
> required work (mostly Nicola Pero) are too busy to actually do it ;-/

Do you have fhs patches for gnustep-make?

> >It's just packaging it up and I hope the current specfile will still
> >be able to do it. I recently packaged sope 4.5.7 and apart from an ICE
> >in objc in fc4 it went fine.
>
> Whats that ICE?

 Compiling file NGActiveSocket.m ...
NGActiveSocket.m: In function '+[NGActiveSocket socketPair:inDomain:]':
NGActiveSocket.m:89: internal compiler error: in expand_expr_real_1, at expr.c:6604
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cctCFQvq.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.

Happens only with FC4 (anything before or after is OK) and only with
i386. I've submitted a couple objc bug reports and they were fixed in
later gcc releases, but not anymore for fc4.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net