opengroupware for FE

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 11 11:45:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 01:30:00PM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2006, at 11:15, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 02:02:55AM +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> >>Note: gnustep-make != gnustep-make. You need to consider the
> >>configuration of gnustep-make. If its configured for the gnu-fd-nil
> >>library combo (as currently required by OGo), it won't work with
> >>GNUstep and the other way around.
> >I though the parameter was the _default_ combo and could be overridden
> >later on. Or does one need the "fat binaries"?
>
> Hm, yes, you are right. One can switch the library combo using a
> script (probably not even necessary for compilation, just doing a
> "make LIBRARY_COMBO=gnu-fd-nil" might do in this case).

OK, then how about having gnustep-make default to gnu-gnu-gnu, e.g. be
gnustepish and pass the gnu-fd-nil combo for the further builds? We
also got rid of libobjc-fd2, so we can make everybody happy.

> >>Wrt the issue report, I'm trying hard to push FHS into GNUstep for a
> >>few years now. And while people do not seem to object anymore (no
> >>religious discussions like before), the people who need to do the
> >>required work (mostly Nicola Pero) are too busy to actually do it ;-/
> >Do you have fhs patches for gnustep-make?
>
> No. We hack that a layer above in the makefiles (fhs.make), which is
> quite annoying but works.

I'll keep things more gnustep-like then fixing only the most ugly fhs
breaking bits. Let's hope gnustep developers fix FHS, soon.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net