VTK anyone?

Charles V Wright cvwright at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 11 17:06:45 UTC 2006

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Gianluca Sforna wrote:
>> On 7/10/06, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you could have a look at paraview, allready included in fedora
>>> extras
>>> (and maintained by Orion) since it has an included version of vtk (last
>>> time it seemed to be a more recent version than the current vtk,
>>> that's why
>>> I didn't block paraview although it included vtk as a private library).
>> Yap, I found that while looking for references to vtk in bugzilla.
>> The version I am working on is 5.0.0, I don't know if it's the same as
>> paraview use, but there will be something to learn for sure...
>>

> I've been slowly working on a version.  Latest spec and srpm are at
> http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/.  I believe the problem I'm
> having currently is getting some of the examples to compile.
>
> I'd be happy to let someone else maintain it though :-).

Fabrice Bellet has a pretty nice spec file for VTK 5.  If you guys
haven't seen it yet, it might be a good place to start from.

The SRPM is
ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/local/fedora/5/SRPMS/vtk-5.0.0-6.src.rpm

It builds pretty happily in mock, has several subpackages for python,
etc, and in general seems to work pretty well for me on FC5.

I'd love to see VTK in extras, so if there's anything I can do to help,
please let me know.

-charles