File conflicts in Fedora Extras Development

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 11:30:21 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 12:38 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> SP> Ugh.  I can't imagine how I missed that.
>
> Hmm, I wonder how this can be checked easily by a reviewer.  I
> reviewed said package but had pretty much no chance of noticing this.

Nothing trivial springs to mind...  possibly a yum-util that checks a
package's filelist against the contents of the filelists for repos.  But
that can only say that both contain the same filename -- it won't do
anything to find out if they really conflict[1]

Jeremy

[1] Since identically md5sum'd files don't conflict