Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 14:19:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 10:35 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Brew is not just the build system but Fedora Core's package management
> > (tracking packages) system to produce a distribution too. This is esp
> > important for something that is not pushed out as just rolling updates.
>
> Semi OT, but is brew available externally to redhat anywhere?

Were it, I think we'd likely want to merge the stuff that's unique to
plague into Brew, and use Brew for Fedora Extras instead.  There are
some fundamental differences [1], so it might take a while, but would
likely be worth it in the end.

Dan

[1] no support for "active" builders where the builder contacts the
server, no support for SSL connections between server<->builder (though
I could be wrong here), and no support for SSL connections for the
client (though I could also be wrong here)