File conflicts in Fedora Extras Development

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Wed Jul 12 17:03:04 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 18:40, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >> uw-imap-2004g-4.fc5.2.i386.rpm
> >>   File conflict with: /etc/pam.d/imap
> >>   File conflict with: /etc/pam.d/pop
> >>   File conflict with: /usr/share/man/man8/imapd.8.gz
> >>   => Package conflicts with: cyrus-imapd - 2.3.1-2.6.fc5.i386
> >
> > Hmm... Not sure how best to fix this, probably rename the offending files
> > use a uw- prefix.  I'd ask that cyrus-imapd do something similar.

In that case, you could use the alternatives system of the package chkconfig,
so that "man imapd" always display a man page.

> Yuck, just realized the pam change(s) will require some patching... I'll
> just stick in a
> Conflicts: cyrus-imapd
> for now, until I have the time to peruse the code more.

As an alternative, you could also agree, with the owner of cyrus-imapd,
jdennis at redhat.com, to have the same content for those two PAM config files.
Sounds reasonnable, actually.