error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 14 06:52:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 18:17 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> > Hi,
> > While reviewing some packages i am getting following errors in mock
> > build for rawhide repository
> >
> > checking for intltool >= 0.18... 0.34.1 found
> > checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> > checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module
> > is required for intltool
> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.20633 (%build)
> >
> > What am i missing that leads mock build to fail? I am doing mock build
> > using local rawhide mirror repository.
>
> You need:
>
> BuildRequires:  perl-XML-Parser
Nope.

1. If a package wants the XML::Parser module, it should
BuildRequires: perl(XML::Parser)

2. At least on FC5, intltool requires perl-XML-Parser, i.e. this already
is supposed to pull in perl(XML::Parser).

=> A "BuildRequires: intltool" alone is supposed to work.
If it doesn't work, something else is broken.

Ralf