error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Jul 14 14:59:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 10:13 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Michael J. Knox wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I will keep this in mind for future packaging. However, the "threat"
> > of an external perl module being pulled into perl itself would be
> > possible for any perl module... so are all perl related BuildRequires:
> > to be perl(Something::Whatever) ?
>
> Yes. This is what you'll find in just about every perl module oackage in
> Extras that depends on other modules.

That's correct, and it's not only about modules being swallowed in core
perl but being moved around packages, upstream splits etc.  One case
where I think it's better to use the package name (+ EVR!)
instead/additionally is if there's a versioned dependency involved and
the target package doesn't provide a versioned perl(Foo::Bar) that could
be used to specify it.