Wiki not editable?

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Jul 15 07:32:26 UTC 2006

nman64 at n-man.com ("Patrick W. Barnes") writes:

>> > thanks; works now.
>>
>> ok... just fyi: I moved the page back to its original location mentioned
>> in the fedora-usermgmt package too. This page does not belong into a
>> "Drafts" category because it is not a draft but documentation about an
>> existing package where I was too lazy to create an official project
>> homepage about.
>>
>> I thought that Wiki would be a good place to maintain this documentation
>> but I can move it into the package as %doc when requested.
>>

> The PackagingDrafts/ hierarchy is an appropriate location for any page that
> will be part of the guidelines for packaging.

fedora-usermgmt will never be part of the guidelines because endless
flamewars without results showed that we can not find an agreement about
it. Therefore, it is in an as-is and not in an it-should state.

> All final versions should be kept within the Packaging/ hierarchy.
>
> You aren't able to edit pages within that section because editing of that
> section has been restricted to the Packaging Committee.  You must contact
> them if you need edit permissions in that section.
>
> You should not have moved the document out of the PackageDrafts
> hierarchy.

Again, the page is documentation not a draft and does not belong into a
Drafts section. I will remove the page completely and make it a %doc of
fedora-usermgmt.

> It will need to be moved back.

No; please remove it completely or move it out of Drafts.

Enrico