add-to-owners helper script...

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Jul 19 16:55:36 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> wrote:
> Grabbing the CC list can easily be automated using Bugzilla's xmlrpc
> API.  Here is an example in python:
>
>     import xmlrpclib
>     server = xmlrpclib.Server('https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/xmlrpc.cgi')
>     server.bugzilla.getBug(BUG_NUMBER)['cc']
>
> Now that I think about it, all you really need for a script like this is
> the Bug #.  From there, you could just parse the comments for the SPEC
> file url, then parse the spec for the package name and summary.

Good idea, but I think we've left the realm of "simple" with this one
:)  Plus there's no guarantee the cc list on the review bug will be
the same as the ongoing cc list; and the person executing this ought
to be the packager -- who will hopefully either have it installed
already or a rpm somewhere on their system.

This is just aimed at being an extremely limited, one-function tool,
to do the initial add to owners.list.  For anything more, Steve's
owners-maint is much more appropriate.

                    -Chris
--
Chris Weyl