FE devel rebuild?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jul 22 08:10:19 UTC 2006

Jose' Matos schrieb:
> On Friday 21 July 2006 19:59, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I prefer a manual rebuild for two reasons:
>> - A lot of people don't want everything rebuild because it requires a
>> lot of downloads for users -- noarch packages for example don't require
>> a rebuild this time afaik
>    This is non-issue. We are talking about the same people who are testing
> development, so "a lot of downloads" means peanuts when compared with
> Core. ;-)

Actually this is my opinion somewhat, too. With a "everything" rebuild
we would make sure that all packages still builds in general with FC6
and with the new reduced set of default packages in the buildroot. And
we would get rid of all ".fc5 tags, too.

But on the other hand a "everything" rebuild means that all those
updating from FC5 to FC6 later have a lot of downloads without a real
reason, too.

CU
thl