[Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Extras/UsingCvsFaq" by ChrisPetersen

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jul 23 20:02:56 UTC 2006

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:25:15 -0000, fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org wrote:
>
> > + === I ran `make tag` without checking in my files, how do I revert so I can check them in? ===

Blah, again running out of integers, are we :) ?  Simpler and safer
general answer: don't even try rewriting the history.  Just check the
missing files in, bump the release (while paying attention to upgrade
paths, there are recipes for doing that properly and the packager must
think about and understand it anyway), and tag and build again as usual.

> > + Until someone fixes plague so that `make tag` fails when there are files waiting to be checked in

There's nothing plague can do about this.  The tag target in
common/Makefile.common could be modified to check that the output of
"cvs -q up 2>/dev/null" is empty and that the command executes
successfully before attempting to tag, but some could find that
annoying.  (FWIW, even if I would, I think I wouldn't object to it.)