Cross-compilers.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Jul 24 01:54:18 UTC 2006

DW> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 00:57 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
>> I do now there was some discuss, which remains unresolved, as to
>> the naming convention to use for cross tool chain packages.

DW> Does it matter? Far too much masturbation goes on around here.

Yes, it matters.  It would be bad for end users and for consistency in
the distribution if different packagers chose different naming
conventions.  It that's masturbation, then so be it.  At this point I
don't personally care what gets chosen, but a choice needs to be made.
The same goes for the naming of executables and the location of
libraries and such.

And if this is all completely obvious to everyone who is packaging up
cross-compilation tools and you're all already using the same
conventions then it shouldn't take more than ten minutes to write that
down somewhere.

 - J<