hard time finding packages really for review

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Mon Jul 24 23:17:14 UTC 2006

Michael J. Knox wrote:
> Michael Thomas wrote:
>
>> Michael J. Knox wrote:
>>
>>> top posting, sorry..
>>>
>>> What I find hard about reviewing is figuring out if a package is
>>> actually under review or not. I see a metric shit load of comments,
>>> suggestions and discussions on some FE-NEW submissions, but they remain
>>> unassigned amd in FE-NEW.
>>

>>> Sometimes I will skip over a package simply becuase I don't know whats
>>> going on. Some folks do the right thing and clearly state they are not
>>> reviewing the package, which is great.
>>

>> If the bug has not been assigned to a real person, then it's up for
>> grabs.  It's not uncommon for people to jump into a review just to offer
>> criticism/advice/feedback without wanting to commit to a full review.
>

> Which is what I figured.. fair game for unclaimed submissions. However,
> I would still prefer to see some indication if they are reviewing or not.

This indication should come in the form of setting the 'Assigned To'
field.  If someone is reviewing a package, or planning on doing a full
review, then this field should be set accordingly.

Note that you have to look at 'Assigned To', not for 'Status: ASSIGNED'
to see if the review is really assigned.  If someone decides to unassign
themselves, they can set the 'Assigned To' field back to the
bugzilla-sink owner, but it's not possible to reset the 'Status' field
back to 'NEW'.

--Mike