Future FESCo Elections

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jul 25 16:05:29 UTC 2006

Elliot Lee schrieb:
> I agree with a lot of the points made,

+1

> but I think it's important to
> look at this in perspective:
> [...]
>     In a perfect world we would only have elections when the current
> FESCO was not doing a good job.

I disagree with that statement. I think it is really important to get
new people into FESCo now and then (and the old ones out without to much
hassle if they are inactive) because the new ones often come with new
enthusiasm and fresh ideas.

>[...]
>     . Don't hold elections too often - it sucks time away from more
> important stuff

I'm unsure about this one. Yes, it might consume some time to perform
the election, but with the voting app in place now it's relative easy to
organize the election. And the voting itself is easy, too, and performed
in one or two minutes.

CU
thl