rpms/sextractor/FC-4 sextractor.spec,1.2,1.3

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:55:24 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> I am going to file a request to packaging committee to ban -O3 and
> -fomit-frame-pointer

Erm, not to pour gasoline on a fire, but this brings up some very
interesting questions.  What is the scope/purview of the packaging
committee, and is it defined anywhere?  Regardless of the merits of
this issue, does something like this -- how to actually _build_
software for extras -- more properly fall under, say, FESCo's
jurisdiction?

I don't have a vested interest one way or the other.  I'm just curious :)

                             -Chris

--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia