hard time finding packages really for review

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Jul 26 21:04:50 UTC 2006

> Lately people have been using NEEDINFO_REPORTER which seems to work
> well to indicate that the package is waiting on the submitter to do

That's a good idea. Somehow what I was searching for. I'll go through
some reviews to set them to NEEDINFO_REPORTER.

> tree query).  Some of us have gone through and closed bugs that are
> obviously stalled out.  You're of course welcome to do that as well.

I may be too formal, but I think a policy on that could be a good
idea.

> What other information would you want that you can't just add in a
> comment?  If you really want additional formalism, I suppose you can
> write up a proposal but I'm not sure that making things any more
> complicated would actually help in any way.  Personally I haven't seen
> the need for much more than FE-NEW and looking at the last comment to
> see what's up.

Sometimes it's not so simple because there is some disagreement, or
questionning about the opportunity to package the soft. But with
some review closed, some NEEDINFO_REPORTER, maybe there is no need
to add more complication, indeed.

--
Pat