Future FESCo Elections

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Thu Jul 27 19:43:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 17:40 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:

> Just an idea: why not have elections when at least 2-3 non FESCo members
> express interest into becoming FESCo members ?
>
> We could have a wiki page where people could express their interest and
> intentions if elected
>
> We could send emails to appropriate lists after each FC release reminding
> interested people to register on the page.
>
> A couple weeks after the reminding email, we look at the page and if enough
> people are registered, we start the election process

That's an intriguing idea.  It means we'll know who our pool of
motivated individuals are.  But it doesn't give people who are on FESCo
a definite timeframe for their commitments, though.  It also doesn't
give people the incentive of, uh oh: only five people are signing up for
seven slots, maybe I should step up and do my part.

Maybe there needs to be two pieces of this:  people who want to be
candidates for the next FESCo election and FESCo members who don't want
to be on FESCo next time.

Any one else have ideas about how well this would work?

-Toshio