Future FESCo Elections

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Jul 27 23:30:57 UTC 2006

All this is just IMHO...

bugs.michael at gmx.net said:
> Why don't you come up with explanations on how FESCo works

FESCo meets every thursday on IRC, discusses issues raised on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule, puts them to a vote and
communicates the results on f-e-l and in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meetings

> and what we need FESCo for?

We need a FESCo because it seems we need to get decisions on some issues on a
regular (weekly) basis.

> How is a FESCo member's activity measured?

See how many meetings he participated in.

> How is FESCo's contributor community's acceptance measured?

through a vote from the community

> And how exactly does FESCo work in conjunction with the the Packaging
> Committee (or whatever it is called officially)?
> I'm talking about veto powers, quorum and things like that.

Items discussed by the Packaging Committee are reported to FESCo weekly and
put to discussion within FESCo.  A vote tells whether FESCo approves of the PC
decisions or not.  Refused items are either re-discussed within the PC, or
brought to FAB.

I think being in FESCo has no direct relationship with doing work within FE.
Any volunteer with a signed CLA can do work within FE.  Being in FESCo simply
means that:
 a. you agreed to spend some time each week to discuss FE issues and take
    decisions on those issues in FE's best interest.
 b. you were elected to do that, i.e., a sizeable number of FE contributors
    think you can be trusted with a.

Cheers,
					Christian