FESCo, hello? - [was: Re: Buildsys status pages down]

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 28 20:39:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:28:05 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MS> So, would anyone please give a short introduction on when the OTRS
> MS> ticketing system ought to be used instead of bugzilla?
>
> This isn't really FESCo's bailiwick; I don't recall the infrastructure
> folks telling us any more more than they've told anyone else.
>
> Until they get fully documented, why not let common sense dictate?

Trial-and-error guess-work is NOT common sense. Should packagers guess
where to report a problem? Fact is, I (and many others) simply do not
know which of the two systems to use. Some point to OTRS, some to
bugzilla. This is frustrating lack of communication.

> Report problems with systems (hung machines in buildsys, certificate
> errors, unreachable machines, etc.) in the ticketing system and leave
> bugzilla to reporting issues with packaged software and tracking
> reviews and such.

Well, we have a non-working Fedora Extras build system, so that is FESCo's
domain.