Fedora Ticket System (OTRS)

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Jul 29 06:56:49 UTC 2006

I've seen questions pop up about the Fedora Ticket System in a few threads
recently, so here's some basic information relevant to Fedora Extras.

== When to use the Ticket System ==

Any issue that requires direct work on Fedora's infrastructure should be
reported using the Ticket System.  This would include frozen or failing build
systems.

Any issues within packages should be reported using Bugzilla.  This would
include typical build errors.

Any questions about policy or processes should be reported to this mailing
list.  This would include questions of spec design, naming conventions or
review concerns.

If ever you are unsure about which system to use, feel free to report to
whichever seems best.  Your report can be redirected as needed.

== How to use the Ticket System ==

The Ticket System is configured to pick up authentication details from the
Fedora Account System, so your username and password should match your
regular Fedora account.

The ticket system features assorted queues, and some of them allow tickets to
be created through email.  New tickets can be opened through the web
interface for any queue.  The "Buildsys" queue should be used for reporting
issues with the Fedora Extras builders.  This queue does not currently allow
new tickets to be created by email, so new issues must be reported using the
web interface.

Once a ticket has been created, further action on the ticket can be carried
out through the web interface or by email.

If you have problems with the Ticket System, report them to
admin at fedoraproject.org or through the Ticket System itself.

Open tickets online:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl

--