Broken upgrade paths in FC+FE 2006-07-31

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jul 31 19:15:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 20:53 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:

> Still, if one expect more FC-4 updates to
> come, is it ok to bump the FC-5 and devel release by more than 1, say by
>   5, to minimize the number of unnecessary rebuilds ?

I suppose so, but the recommended recipe for cases like this is to add a
digit to the very right of the release (after %{?dist}) and start
bumping it in old distros as needed (and drop the extra digit in the
future if it becomes possible), no need for guesswork that way.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-May/msg00083.html