remove rpmlint no-documentation warning on -devel subpackages?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jun 4 18:29:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 17:25 +0100, Ian Chapman wrote:
> Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>
> > Part of my plan for encouraging reviews is to have a Wiki page that
> > lists each rpmlint warning/error and how to deal with it.  Obviously
> > that's a bit of work; would you care to assist?
>
> I've been thinking of doing something exactly like that for the last few
> days, I'd be interested in helping out.

Note that rpmlint itself contains some instructions and explanations for
its findings, improvements to those are welcome.  In fact IMHO it would
be better to direct the effort at those first, then add a Wiki page if
still needed.

Too bad lots of people don't seem to be aware of rpmlint's -i and -I
options (see the man page), ideas how to make them more prominent?