unable to use mock

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 6 11:09:59 UTC 2006

cranium2003 wrote:
> hi,
> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>> cranium2003 wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>>  Did it but still same error. Oh god what a
>> prolmes
>>> are in using Fedora Extras. How people can use
>> mock i
>>> dont understand.
>> When it works, it works well. I wouldn't dream of
>> using it with a core
>> or updates repository on the Internet myself though
>> - I always use a
>> local mirror, which speeds things up significantly
>> and I can rebuild the
>> metadata myself if it's out of sync.
> so if i use local mirror then i can work offline also
> i mean ni need to have connected always to Internet
> right??

Only if all of the repos in your configuration file have a local mirror.
That would include "extras" and the groups "repo". You could get away
without the enabling the "local" repo at all.

A local mirror of "core" and "updates" will make a significant
difference to mock's performance. A local mirror of "extras" will help,
but it won't make as big a difference.

>>> Really finding a good repository is a
>>> tough  task i feel.
>>>    mock -r fedora-5-i386-core.cfg foo.src.rpm
>>> gave
>>> init
>>> clean
>>> prep
>>> This may take a while
>>> Error peforming yum command: /usr/sbin/mock-helper
>> yum
>>> --installroot
>> /var/lib/mock/fedora-5-i386-core/root
>>> groupinstall build build-minimal build-base
>>> ending
>>> done
>>>
>>> and
>>> yum --installroot
>>> /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root
>>> groupinstall build-minimal build-base build
>>>
> http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm:
>>> [Errno 4] Socket Error: (11, 'Resource temporarily
>>> unavailable')
>>> Trying other mirror.
>>> Error: failure:
>> Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm
>>> from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>> I'd strongly consider using a local mirror, or at
>> least a decent cache
>> as suggested on the MockTricks wiki page.
>  I already did all things from that page. I added all
> 3 rules then started squid and also i added http_proxy
> variable in .bash_profile.
>     Still getting error. How to build local
> repo/mirror and then how can i use it in build user
> environment??

See here for creating a local mirror:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/fedora-mirror

Once you've built your mirror (don't forget to keep the updates mirror
updated, e.g. using a cron job), you just change the baseurl entries in
/etc/mock/*.cfg from the default ones to use your local mirrors instead.

Paul.