rpath joy

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Sun Jun 11 08:17:32 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am sure this has been beaten to death, however, I have not been able
to find much info on this.

I am trying to package up ntop for FE. However, I have a rpath error on
the plugins.. I get this:

ERROR   0002: file '/usr/lib/ntop/plugins/rrdPlugin.so' contains an
invalid rpath '/home/mjk/rpmbuild/BUILD/ntop-3.2/myrrd/.libs' in
[/home/mjk/rpmbuild/BUILD/ntop-3.2/myrrd/.libs]
error: Bad exit status from /home/mjk/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.53484 (%install)

I have reviewed this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/RpathCheckBuildsys
and
http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue

I have tried all sorts of nasty hacks to see what needs to be done to
fix this, however, I simply do not seem to make any head way.

Could someone who knows enough on this topic give a clue as to what I am
looking for ?

Thanks

Michael