Mock build problem

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 15 11:46:22 UTC 2006

cranium2003 wrote:
> hi,
> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>> cranium2003 wrote:
>>> hi,

>> all

>> /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root

>> local

>> you
>> mock

>> found
>> download

> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/$basearch/
> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-devel
>>>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras

> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/$basearch/debug/
>>>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras

> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/
>>>>
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras

>> one
>>>  sorry i didnt get this??
>>>   Ok so i need to download usinf above repo conf
>> file
>>> extras RPMs.
>>>   once i have core as well as extras repo i can do
>>> mock build locally on my system right??
>> You can use mock build already if you have a working
>> Internet connection.
>       yes i have how can i use it now?? what extras
> url i need to specify??
>> If you don't, you need a local mirror of *all* repos
>> you are using. The
>> default fedora-5-i386-core mock config has the
>> following repos:
>>
>> [core]
>> [groups]
>> [extras]
>> [local]
>>
>> So you'll need a local groups repo too. It's small,
>> and easy to make one
>> yourself - see
>>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-May/msg00904.html
>> You can probably get by without the [local] repo -
>> just comment it out
>> of the config file, or add "enabled=0" to it.
>
>      ok i installed buildsys package and then copy
> minimal.xml from above mailing thread and created repo
> from that that file.

You don't need to install the buildsys-macros package on your build
system, it just needs to be in your local [groups] repo.

> Then i added path under groups
> section and my current mock file is attahced here. is
> that require any chnages ??

Your [groups] points to the same URL as the [core] repo; it should point
to the directory you ran createrepo in for the local groups repo.

Once you've made the local groups repo from the minimal.xml file, you
need to change:

config_opts['buildgroup'] = 'build-minimal build-base build'

back to:

config_opts['buildgroup'] = 'build'

You need to disable the [local] repo.

You need to add baseurl lines for the [updates-released] and [extras]
repos that point to your local mirrors of these repos.

Paul.