Who maintains python-numeric

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jun 16 18:15:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:38:36PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 11:13 -0600, Rick Muller wrote:
> >
> > Here's a list of the dependencies when I try to remove python-
> > numeric. People more adept at the intricacies of yum may be able to
> > generate a more complete list:
>
> These are a lot of core packages...  there is a python-numeric in Core.
>
> /me is confused...

For quite some time Numeric's web page says:

*Development has ceased* for Numeric, and users should transisition to
NumPy as quickly as possible.

So numeric needs to be replaced by numby. The end result should be
numpy in core (to support pygtk) and perhaps a compat numeric package
in extras for applications that did not make the conversion (and which
the numeric/numarray/numpy developers therefore define as
"unmaintained").
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net