Who maintains python-numeric

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 18:39:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 11:13 -0600, Rick Muller wrote:

> > Do you have a list of these packages?
>
> Here's a list of the dependencies when I try to remove python-
> numeric. People more adept at the intricacies of yum may be able to
> generate a more complete list:
>
> authconfig-gtk
> firstboot
> gedit
> gnome-python2-canvas
> hwbrowser
> pirut
> pygtk2
> pygtk2-devel
> pygtk2-libglade
> rhn-applet
> system-config-date
> system-config-display
> system-config-httpd
> system-config-language
> system-config-lvm
> system-config-network
> system-config-nfs
> system-config-printer-gui
> system-config-rootpassword
> system-config-samba
> system-config-securitylevel
> system-config-services
> system-config-soundcard
> system-config-users
> up2date-gnome

I take it that's the packages yum wants to remove if you issue a 'yum
remove python-numeric', because many of those packages don't depend
directly on python-numeric, they depend on pygtk2, which depends on
python-numeric. I believe a more accurate representation of the direct
deps comes from repoquery. For core, that amounts to only:

$ repoquery --repoid=development --whatrequires python-numeric
pygtk2-0:2.9.1-3.x86_64

For extras:

$ repoquery --repoid=extras-development --whatrequires python-numeric
pygsl-0:0.3.2-5.fc5.x86_64
fonttools-0:2.0-0.6.20050624cvs.fc6.x86_64
gnome-sudoku-0:0.4.0-6.fc6.noarch
python-matplotlib-0:0.87.2-2.fc6.x86_64
rpy-0:0.4.6-11.fc6.x86_64
pygame-0:1.7.1-6.fc6.x86_64

So bumping to numpy in core doesn't look like it'd really be all that
difficult, and there really isn't even that much fallout in extras.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com