docs packaging

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Jun 20 04:40:46 UTC 2006

Hi all, i'm trying to modify the libupnp spec file to include the
programming doc i forgot at the beginning.
My problem is where to put the doc and if i have to split it in the 2
packages (libupnp and libupnp-devel).
In the doc build by the package i have LICENSE NEWS README THANKS TODO
UPnP_Programming_Guide.pd and a directory examples/
Either i put all this stuff in usr/share/doc/libupnp-1.4.0-1/ in the
devel package (which is the easier to do) or
usr/share/doc/libupnp-1.4.0-1/ containing LICENSE NEWS README THANKS
TODO in libupnp package and usr/share/doc/libupnp-devel-1.4.0-1/
containing UPnP_Programming_Guide.pdf and examples/ in devel package.
But for the second solution (which seems the better solution to me) i
have to create directory
(RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/doc/libupnp-devel-1.4.0-1/) and mv
UPnP_Programming_Guide.pdf and examples/ in it at the end of make
install. It makes the spec file a bit ugly...
What do you think of this ?
Thanks
Eric