status of "freenx" in Extras

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 16:36:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 18:31 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Now that hula has been solved: Does anyone know what's up with freenx in
> extras? According to owners.list:
>
> Fedora Extras|freenx|freenx application/thin-client serve|zipsonic at gmail.com|extras-qa at fedoraproject.org
>
> zipsonic at gmail.com is zipsonic aka Richard A. Stout
>
> The import was done one year ago and nothing changed since then:
>
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/freenx/devel/?root=extras
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/freenx/FC-5/?root=extras
>
> But it was never build for Extras afais. He seems to still maintain the
> package outside Fedora Extras:

It never built cleanly for x86_64, and originally, it was all or nothing
in FE (its not the case anymore). I think this discouraged him from
working with it, I have no idea if Richard wants to keep maintaining it
in FE or not. If he doesn't (and no one else wants it), I'll take it.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!