Packaging Jython and its dependencies for Extras

Igor Foox ifoox at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 20:59:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:52 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:27 -0400, Igor Foox wrote:
>
> > I would like to submit Jython and it's dependencies[1] to Extras,
> > I need Jython as a dependency for another package I plan to submit
> > shortly (the Eclipse PyDev plugin[2]).
>
> Is [2] something different than the eclipse-pydev package which is
> already in Core since FC4?

No, it's the same package. However I'm planning to update it to a
much newer version, which I backported from using Java 1.5 to Java 1.4,
and this new version depends on Jython (for its Jython-related
functionality).

I've searched around and saw that several people talked in the past
about including Jython in Extras, so I thought this might be a good
time to do that. :)

I'm planning to push eclipse-pydev from Core to Extras, and to split
it into (at least) 2 binary RPMS, one of which will be
eclipse-pydev-jython and be dependant on Jython.

Igor