Mock Problems with OpenSceneGraph Package

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 02:48:45 UTC 2006

I am trying to make a spec file which uses OpenSceneGraph, but some
really strange things are happening.  When the Producer package is
installed under mock, it appears that ldconfig is not called which
creates a mock build error for my package.

I have examined the OpenSceneGraph spec file here:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/OpenSceneGraph/OpenSceneGraph.spec?root=extras&rev=1.11&view=markup

I notice that in one place they use "%name" instead of "%{name}" but I
don't know if that causes any harm because the dependency seems to
work regardless.

In addition in the Producer section, they call ldconfig in the
%install section, is this bad, and could this be causing the problems?

The package I am building which is failing under mock is located here:

SPEC: http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/osgal.spec
SRPM: http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/osgal-20060410-2.src.rpm

Please any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris