require foo or bar?

Christoph Wickert cw-lists at arcor.de
Sat Jun 3 13:29:38 UTC 2006

Hi there,

what if a package requires ether foo or bar to work?

I'd like to package computertemp ( http://computertemp.berlios.de/ ),
a gnome panel applet that shows
- the the temperature of the computer through lm_sensors
and/or
- the disk's temperature with hddtemp.

So my question is: Should I require lm_sensors or hddtemp or both?
The package can be build and used with only lm_sensors or hddtemp,
nevertheless it's whole functionality can only be used with both of
them.

On the other hand: What about ppc users? There's no lm_sensors for ppc,
so these people are not able to use the package if I make it depend on
lm_sensors.

Another question: This is a noarch python package.
> BuildArch: noarch
> ExcludeArch: ppc
looks a bit silly to me.

**Confused**