require foo or bar?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jun 3 14:41:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 17:15 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Depending on the target distro versions and how well depsolvers for
> those cope with it, Requires(hint) could be worth considering for both
> dependencies.

Last time I tried, that wasn't yet in rawhide rpm. That was some time
ago though.
I'm not sure yum would do the correct thing either.

What is the correct thing for yum to do? I'm guessing ignore it, unless
the user configures it to not ignore it - but then it should still
ignore if not available?

Guess that's a yum list question.