Re: Not come across this one - any advice?

Paul wrote:
Hi,

I'm fixing a package (fuse-emulator - I've noticed a problem), but when
I come to build it, I'm getting the following during the install step.
I've not come across it before, so what does it mean?

/var/tmp/fuse-emulator-0.7.0-8-root-paul/usr/share/applications/fedora-fuse.desktop: error: key "GenericName" is translated, but no untranslated version exists
desktop-file-install created an invalid desktop file!

You probably have a GenericName key with a locale tag, e.g. GenericName[de]= but are missing the default GenericName= key without the locale tag. The default I believe is American English.

--
Ian Chapman.