Need Help from a C expert

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:40:32 UTC 2006

I have a package I'm trying to compile and it gives an error when
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 is defined in the CFLAGS which is what happens
when you try to compile with rpmbuild.

The offending line is:
vsnprintf(char *str, size_t n, char const *fmt, va_list ap)

And the errors given are:
main/vsnprintf.c:109: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...'
before numeric constant
main/vsnprintf.c:109: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...'
before '__builtin_object_size

These errors do not show up if -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 is not used.

Can anyone here please help me?

I have uploaded the complete source file here:
http://tkmame.retrogames.com/fedora-extras/vsnprintf.c

Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.  Please let
me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris