unable to use mock

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 6 10:49:22 UTC 2006

cranium2003 wrote:
> Hi,
> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

>>>  Attaching /etc/mock/fedora-5-i386-core.cfg file
>> here.
>>
>> The contents of that file are appropriate for
>> rawhide, not FC5.
>>
>> If you change all occurrences of "development" in
>> the file to "5", you
>> should at least pick up the FC5 repos.
>  Did it but still same error. Oh god what a prolmes
> are in using Fedora Extras. How people can use mock i
> dont understand.

When it works, it works well. I wouldn't dream of using it with a core
or updates repository on the Internet myself though - I always use a
local mirror, which speeds things up significantly and I can rebuild the
metadata myself if it's out of sync.

> Really finding a good repository is a
> tough  task i feel.
>    mock -r fedora-5-i386-core.cfg foo.src.rpm
> gave
> init
> clean
> prep
> This may take a while
> Error peforming yum command: /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum
> --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-5-i386-core/root
> groupinstall build build-minimal build-base
> ending
> done
>
> and
> yum --installroot
> /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root
> groupinstall build-minimal build-base build
> http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm:
> [Errno 4] Socket Error: (11, 'Resource temporarily
> unavailable')
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm
> from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I'd strongly consider using a local mirror, or at least a decent cache
as suggested on the MockTricks wiki page.

Paul.