unable to use mock

cranium2003 cranium2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 11:00:29 UTC 2006

hi,
--- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> cranium2003 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> >> here.
> >>
> >> The contents of that file are appropriate for
> >> rawhide, not FC5.
> >>
> >> If you change all occurrences of "development" in
> >> the file to "5", you
> >> should at least pick up the FC5 repos.
> >  Did it but still same error. Oh god what a
> prolmes
> > are in using Fedora Extras. How people can use
> mock i
> > dont understand.
>
> When it works, it works well. I wouldn't dream of
> using it with a core
> or updates repository on the Internet myself though
> - I always use a
> local mirror, which speeds things up significantly
> and I can rebuild the
> metadata myself if it's out of sync.
so if i use local mirror then i can work offline also
i mean ni need to have connected always to Internet
right??

http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm:
> > [Errno 4] Socket Error: (11, 'Resource temporarily
> > unavailable')
> > Trying other mirror.
> > Error: failure:
> Fedora/RPMS/python-2.4.3-3.i386.rpm
> > from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
> I'd strongly consider using a local mirror, or at
> least a decent cache
> as suggested on the MockTricks wiki page.
 I already did all things from that page. I added all
3 rules then started squid and also i added http_proxy
variable in .bash_profile.
    Still getting error. How to build local
repo/mirror and then how can i use it in build user
environment??