Reverting package to a previous

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Tue Jun 6 20:37:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 15:18 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> GM> In fact, I already waited some time, but finally felt, that I
> GM> could not leave the situation as it is.
>
> Then there is another possibility.  Keep the regular erlang packages
> as is and release "erlangR10B" packages.  The update wings3d and
> erlang_sdl and any other packages that rely on the old erlang version
> to depend (and link against) on this new package.
That would make sense, since it seems that there are really incompatible
changes between R10B and R11B. Does this mean that a completely new
package has to be imported into CVS?
Almost all files reside in %{_libdir}/erlang. Without patching one
could use then ${_libdir}/erlang10B/erlang. Using simply
%{_libdir}/erlang10B is probably more difficult, since this would entail
some patching.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49