unable to use mock

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 7 10:21:00 UTC 2006

cranium2003 wrote:
> hi paul,
> --- cranium2003 <cranium2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>        I did yum install yum-utils and then
>>  python fedora-mirror.py
>> syncing: Fedora development core i386 debuginfo to
>> /srv/mirror
>> No Repositories Available to Set Up

(snip)

>> whats that mean??

You need some additional config files.

>> my fedora-mirror.py attached here.
>>

>> ### License: GPL
>> ### Author:  Rudolf Kastl

(snip)

>> import os
>>
>> flavourlist=["core", "extras", "updates",
>> "updates-testing", "legacy"]
>> #versionlist=["development", "5", "4", "3", "2"
>> ,"1"]
>> versionlist=["development", "5"]
>> archlist=["i386" ]
>> #targetlocation="/home/che/mirror"
>> subflavourlist=["debuginfo", "source"]

I suggest you start with just one flavour/version/arch and get that
working first. Try this:

versionlist=["development"]
#archlist=["i386", "x86_64", "ppc"]
archlist=["i386"]
#subflavourlist=["debuginfo", "source"]
subflavourlist=["binary"]

>> ##### block for parsing commandline switches
>> from optparse import OptionParser
>>
>> parser = OptionParser()
>> ### var can be accessed with options.filename
>> parser.add_option("-d", "--dest",
>> dest="destination", help="Sync Destination",
>> metavar="dir", default="/srv/mirror")

Change /srv/mirror on this line to where you want you local repos to live.

You then need to add a yum configuration for the mirror to use. For
rawhide, copy /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo to
/etc/yum.repos.d/mirror-core-development.repo and edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/mirror-core-development.repo. Change the repo names as
follows:

[root at xy01m005 yum.repos.d]# diff fedora-development.repo
mirror-core-development.repo
26c26
< [development]
---
 > [mirror-core-development]
33c33
< [development-debuginfo]
---
 > [mirror-core-development-debuginfo]
39c39
< [development-source]
---
 > [mirror-core-development-source]

Then try fedora-mirror again. Once that's working, add other
versions/flavours as required.

Paul.