Re: Binaries in /usr/share

PFJ wrote:
Hi,

One of the packages I'm trying to get into FE (it's a mono one, so don't
expect sanity!) currently installs binaries into share with a symlink
back to bindir (normally, I'd expect them in /usr/lib/<package> with
symlinks to bindir).

I've looked at the Makefile for the package and it seems that it puts
the files into share, so I'd say that was the correct behaviour for the
makefile.

Problem is that to me, stuffing binaries in share is just wrong, but
it's a mono package...

Can I have some guidance on this one please?

Putting them in share is just plain wrong, go fix it.

Regards,

Hans