Re: FE package database

On 6/7/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 07.06.2006, 10:05 +0200 schrieb
Christian Iseli licr org:

> Package table:
>
>  1. product
>  2. component
>  3. description
>  4. initialowner (current package owner)
>  5. initialqacontact
>  6. initialcclist (package co-maintainers)

If'd prefer a solution where the initial owner (and maybe the initialcc
list, too) could be repo-dependent. E.g. "foo" maintains "bar" for FC5
and devel, "baz" maintains it for FE4 and FE3 and also has "foo" in the
initialcclist.

So here's a couple thoughts -- it would have taken more time to type
it out than to show the table relationship in dia, so here goes:

http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/fedora_package_db.dia

And yes, it's just a sketch :)

It also comes to mind, do we have actual requirements for what we want
this database to be able to do?  e.g. just track packages & owners,
include builddeps, etc, etc?

                              -Chris

--
Chris Weyl