taking over tripwire?

dwight at supercomputer.org dwight at supercomputer.org
Wed Jun 7 20:09:14 UTC 2006

> Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:54:42 +0200
> From: Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>
>
> dwight at supercomputer.org wrote:
> > I'd like to take over the maintenance of the currently orphaned
> > tripwire package, unless there's some objection.
> >
> > Also, for those who are interested in getting the latest version
> > to actually install, I posted a patch up on tripwire's sourceforge
> > site last week.
> >

> AFAIK the problem with tripwire is that it doesn't check SELinux
> security atrributes (ar any xattr for what thats worth) making its value
> significantly less then it used to be.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Thanks, Hans. Yes, I had noticed the SELinux issue. Clearly this needs to
be addressed. The first thing though, IMHO, is to get the source in sync
with a more recent version than the one which Fedora currently uses.
Then I was planning on dealing with the SELinux issues.

I've been working with Ron Forrester recently (who maintains Open Source
tripwire in general). It would be nice to try and keep the different
versions in sync as much as possible.

Regards,

	-dwight-