knetworkmanager

Stefan Neufeind fedora at stefan-neufeind.de
Thu Jun 8 01:09:28 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 5:07 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 23:18 -0700, Phil Baltar wrote:
>>> I was wondering if there were any current plans to include
>>> knetworkmanager in extras.  If not, then I'd like to request that it
>>> be.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting for a way to use
>>> NetworkManager with KDE.
>> I havent seen any submissions. Would you like to get involved in
>> packaging it?
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras
>>
>> Rahul
> Ive started work on packaging it. Im using it currently.  I need to finish my
> review of the dbus-qt bindings  and then  submit  for review.

Hi,

I've tried recompiling the NetworkManager-kde-package from
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/src/
myself. Okay, in the Fedora-world names like "dbus-devel" instead of
"dbus-3-devel" are used - no problem with that.

But to me it seems that kdepim3-networkstatus (or kdepim-networkstatus
in Fedora) is really needed - it seems there are several references to
files from that package. However those headerfiles don't exist in
kdepim-devel in Fedora which is 3.5.2-0.4.fc5. I've found that there is
"networkstatus" in the kdepim-sourcepackage actually - but I didn't yet
figure out why the current kdepim / kdepim doesn't ship with
libnetworkstatus or any headerfiles for this functionlity.

Regards,
 Stefan