Extras build failures...

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 12:11:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 22:09 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Whassup?
> [snip]
> > Job failed because it was killed.
>
> Looks like we hit a deadlock in plague -- dgilmore said he's hit a few
> times.  I kicked everything and things seem to be building more happily now

This means that the builder waited more than 30 minutes for the server
to tell the builder that the repository is now unlocked.  The repo locks
when the server copies new packages to the repo, or updates the
repodata, or also when Extras admins are running the push scripts,
regenerating the repoview stuff, etc.

I think we should bump up the timeout here, actually.  It's not a
problem on the builders, but an issue with the server and Extras release
scripts.

Dan