nx, freenx on x86_64

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 8 13:51:17 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 08.06.2006, 09:12 -0400 schrieb Neal Becker:
> Thanks for adding nx, freenx to extras!
>
> Can we add i386 packages to x86_64 repository, please?

No, I don't think that we should do that ATM -- or are there any *good*
reasons for it? And did somebody check if that combination even works?

And in any case: Just copying the i386 version over to the x86-64 repo
because the maintainer couldn't fix it for x86-64 on it's own is the
wrong approach IMHO because then we might have a bunch of i386 packages
in the x86-64 soon just because maintainers were to lazy to fix their
stuff (or find someone interested in x86-64 to fix it).

Wine is a special exception because having wine.i386 is what most people
probably want because that is able to execute 32-bit software
(wine.x86_64 can only execute x64-binaries iirc and those are rare).

CU
thl