Thoughts about courier-mta packaging?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 9 20:36:11 UTC 2006

> There is nothing wrong with starting from the upstream spec.  It will
> have to adhere to the standards though, no flexibility on that.  It
> would be best if upstream could accept the changes you have to make so
> that life is easier.

well, since one of the standards is "no other-distro stuff in the spec,"
that makes courier's incompatible.  My main concern is that it's
designed to build an rpm -- on any rpm-based distro.  I can clean up the
stuff that would annoy rpmlint, possibly the group name (nonstandard),
but I'm not about to maintain it in such a way that I always have to
pull out Sam's non-fedora customizations.

For reference, the file is available at:

http://courier.cvs.sourceforge.net/courier/courier/courier/courier.spec.in?view=markup

-Chris