nx requires and provides

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Jun 10 15:08:24 UTC 2006

MS> I believe this to be a packaging design bug. In my view it makes
MS> no sense to have a dependency "noarch -> arch-specific".

But it is impossible not to have such dependencies.  Every noarch Perl
and Python module is going to require Perl or Python.  If I package up
nothing more than a simple shell script it's going to require
/bin/sh.  And its quite easy to think of ways that noarch packages
might depend on some arch-specific package that won't build on 64-bit
or PPC or whatever.

 - J<