rpms/poker-eval/FC-4 poker-eval.spec,1.8,1.9

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Jun 10 15:32:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 07:12 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > Then please make the suggestion to FESCo to add a change to the
> > packaging guide. I think its unfair to put the spot light on someone for
> > doing something that is not being discouraged in the Fedora packaging
> > guide lines.
>
> Pardon, you find it unfair to ask people to think about what he is
> doing? You find it's appropriate to resort to bureaucracy?
>
> Sorry, I beg to differ.

My psychic powers are unable to read your mind, Ralf. It would have
taken you less time for you to email me (or fedora-packaging) and ask
for this obvious oversight to be corrected than it took you to flame
someone on this mailing list.

The guidelines have been updated to reflect that %makeinstall may eat
your babies, and that it should not be used in Fedora RPMS.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!