Extras x86_64 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2006-06-08

Andy Shevchenko andy at smile.org.ua
Sat Jun 10 19:02:00 UTC 2006

Denis Leroy пишет:
>> please don't, we need 0.x to mark release candidates and others
>> pre-real-release versions
> I don't understand this one. The release is not the version number, and
> it's something that we completely control (unlike the upstream version
> number), so should it be anything other that a linearly increasing
> single number (just like a build number) ? (I can see an exception being
> made for things with kernel versions in them otoh).
If you catch new version of the package from CVS or SVN directly the
version of it can't be still old (like x.y.z for last release) almost in
all cases.

Look for example.

Last release: x.y.z-1%{?dist}
Preparing release: x.y.(z+n)-0.1.%{date}cvs%{?dist}
New release: x.y.(z+n)-1%{?dist} (attent to version tag).
And case just after release (i.e. in case when new cvs/svn version more
preferable than couple of patches): x.y.(z+n)-1.1.%{date}cvs%{?dist}

--
With best regards,
Andy Shevchenko.      mailto: andy at smile.org.ua